Friday 24 April 2009

Or not!

humbled ko? humbled ni!! I'm the shit and you all are flies.... lol. i kid i kid, i joke i joke.

This is the product of boredom and listening to rap music. I've picked up a few lines as well. Par exemple, 'we are in the same age bracket but you are NOT my peer'- these are actually wise words from a decent man. More on that later... Yes, I've joined the throngs of cussing, tattoo-getting, 'bitch' dissing young black males tryin' to be cool. And this madness, so I wouldn't have to study for my exams which begin in ... wait for it ... three days! Needless to say, I haven't done any revision. 

Which brings me to my point(s) today. How is it that I'm listening to all these arrogant men with too much money and [usually] no formal education telling me about their 'struggle' and how they like to spend their money? Worse, I'm learning their 'flow'... Ask me to do same with my school work and "I'll be staring atchu like, is you trippin' dawg??'' Even worse, I'm starting to feel like I need to be poor to become successful. Damn!

Forget the rappers and their many influences though. I find a way to distract myself everytime I've got exams looming. Last semester, twas a mild obsession with fashion design and the quest to become model thin. The term before, it was the need for social recognition i.e. extreme partying and skipping school to hang out with the 'cool kids'. Now, music is my saviour? Or shall I blame blogville? Afterall, I am blogging when I should be studying :-)

I'm not studying though. And like last semester and the semester before... I'm going to ace my exams. Hate all you want. I live for moments like these. :-) On the level tho' -the rappers' effect again- the human mind is sumfin'. It assimilates and reproduces ridiculous quantities of data. All it needs is instructions. I've instructed mine to work under pressure. I've been polishing my art [procrastinating] for so long that I know my breaking point and know how to get around it. Seriously. Try this little experiment when it's not lifechanging. The next time you've got something important to do, say, a term paper. Don't. Just leave it till 30 mins or so before it's due [depending on how much work you've got]. Get ready to hand in your work. Start thinking about the work. You'll be surprised at how many ideas flow and the speed with which they come to you. The End [of the experiment]

DISCLAIMER:
For those whose daddies might try and shut down my blog for being honest [think 'Jamie Spears vs BreatheHeavy.com'], do not try this at home.
This, like all other experiments, depends on reactants, participants and other such irritating variables.

Note from the author:
Last semester and the semester before, I didn't sleep throughout the duration of my exams. This semester I'm upping my insomnia inducing prescription (caffeine??) and starting my revision in 5...4...

as you probably already guessed, this is a random post. I'm bored/ procrastinating...

..3...2...

zzzzz...

4 comments:

Cidersweet said...

(shakes head) Young people, you see the effects of rap music? Flee, I tell you. Fleeee! (lol)

On ur Apple iPod... yess, me love ze iPod. Tis very cool. I can understand y u're in love with it. (but u got me thinking about a guy at first! (frowns))
Have a good week, PokerFace!

Anonymous said...

lol. i looovvvveeee rap. u cant just deduce watever u want and/or use their words to make ur own point. u dnt have to understand ther own context. looovvvee it...

Cidersweet said...

Really? I never thot of it that way... was too busy being stunned by people like Eminem and Ludacris, Timbaland's creativity(they can make a girl think bad thots tho... shhh :-))

Aiight dawg(ess). Ima leave u to chill out an'... ok Im not a rapper, period.
Have a good day.
Come, this means you like card games a lot right?

...PokerFACe... said...

Doesn't every Nigerian like card games? I grew up playing Ludo, Whot and Scrabble. All others are recent developments. :)
Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog Cidersweet. xx